INFORMATION CUM CAREER GUIDANCE CELL
AT A GLANCE
Information cum Career Guidance cell (ICGC) was set up at Rangia College in the year 2001 after getting the concept of the formation of the Cell from Indian Institute of entrepreneurship (IIE), Guwahati on self employment opportunities and the career guidance in all educational institutions. Initially the cell was conceived as an Entrepreneurship development centre not only for the Rangia college student but also for the other educational institute the region.
ICGC has been organizing entrepreneurial Awareness Camp, series of invited lectures, seminars and workshop on various topics, workshop on vocational guidance, career guidance and employment counseling were also conducted time to time. The recognition to the ICGC, Rangia College by IIE, Guwahati, Directorate of Industrials and commerce, Directorate of Employment and Craftsmen training, Assam, Assam Science Technology & Environment Council (ASTEC), Guwahati university etc. Is a significant set in the development of the Cell.
The main objectives of ICGC at Rangia College are:
1. To provide career guidance, employment opportunity/ scope of employment in various fields etc.
2. To create awareness about self employment and entrepreneurship career option the students.
3. To provide a link up with likeminded institution and organizations for placement, launching pilot scale project, providing etc.
4. To provide various information’s in the field of higher education/technical education, Govt. sponsored programme etc.
5. To encourage the students for establishing local small scale industries which are economically and physically viable.
Some of the long term action plans of ICGC are:
1. Consultancy service.
2. Placement cell
3. Memorandum of undertaking (MOU) with different Organization/ Institution for different programmes.